Saturday, May 21, 2011

May 21st CoC!


I didn't exactly expect tournaments to be this way.

I didn't expect to be excited to wake up at 4 A.M. after two hours of sleep to get ready to go to Sacramento.

I also didn't expect two perfect wins out of three games and being a favorite opponent vote away from scoring into best sportsmanship.

I just got home and I'm extremely tired, so I'll be lacking in details. But I'll give you guys a quick summary of how it went for me.

Game 1 was against imperial guard. The mission was modified capture and control, dawn of war deployment. Two objectives with each quarter being an additional objective. It was an extremely fun game, and I had to focus everything I had into it. Long story short, I spent most of the game popping tanks and transports, and charging Thunderwolves into tiny paper guardsmen squads. It was a 21 point win - 15 for winning, 4 for achieving primary personal objective, 2 for achieving secondary.

Game 2 was really, really difficult. I was playing an Iyanden eldar list with three dire avengers, two farseers, a wraithlord, a wraithguard, three war walkers, and two wave serpents. Choices, Choices was the mission. I did well for the most part, and so did he. We were tied for most of the game, or passing by each other by one kill point at a time. When the dust settled at the bottom of six, he contested the objective which led to a total loss with no personal objectives achieved by me.

Game 3 was pretty easy. I don't mean to sound down on my opponent but he seemed like he really didn't care about the game by round 3. He was playing a chaos list with two big walking chaos marine squads, five terminators, a daemon prince with wings, six plague marines, and ten khorne bezerkers in a rhino. It was a list built purely to take things head-on, and playing head-on against my list isn't a very good idea. Long story short, game ended on turn three and all he had left was three terminators, and I had almost my whole army still alive.

CoC was an amazing experience and I can't wait to go back. The company of Generals Oadius, Shotdownmind, and Gahner was fantastic and I had more fun than I can even begin to explain.

1 comment:

  1. Good job man,

    http://greatescapegames.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=499

    ReplyDelete